[Asterisk-Users] Ports to open behind a NAT

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Wed Jan 12 19:18:14 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 11:51, timebandit001 at gmail.com wrote:
> > >From searching the list archive I have come up with the following list
> >
> > 22 for SSH      Should this be TCP, UDP or Both?
> TCP
> > 5060            TCP Only

No, UDP

> > 10000 -20000 UDP Only

This last is for RTP and can be anything in the unpriv range.  It
depends what your SIP device is configured to and also what * is
configured to.

Personally I set my SIP devices to use src 30000, and use * to use src
29000-29999 to try to keep the open range as small as reasonable.

> > Is this info correct or is there other ports or port type  corrections
> > above?
> Yes, for SIP it is correct
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."