[Asterisk-Users] Setting channel display in SIP

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Wed Jan 12 16:20:58 MST 2005

I have a situation where I need to know which Zap channel an incoming
call is on, so that the call can be answered appropriately when a SIP
phone displays the channel.  These Zap calls are coming in over PSTN and
don't have caller ID.

As far as I can make out my SIP phones (WuChuan HOP-1002) display the
user part from the SIP "From:" header as the second line on the
display.  If the call comes from another SIP phone then this shows as
the phone's number, but when the call comes in over the Zap channels
then it gets generated as "asterisk".

I tried playing with the realm field in sip.conf, which defaults to
"asterisk", but changing that doesn't do anything for me.

So, my question is:  How do I set the user part of the SIP From: header
to be the Zap channel?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;