[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP500 - problems with multiple simultaneous calls

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Wed Jan 12 15:28:03 MST 2005

<snip>
> Well, thank you to Tor for the SetGroup/Checkgroup config.  It works
> well!  (Thanks to John for the contexts/dialplan version, too).
> Unfortunately, the phone doesn't audibly ring when the second call is
> coming in (just a visual prompt), and you have to press the line
> appearance button, and then the Answer softkey to actually pick up the
> second call, but I think it is still an improvement over the Call
> Waiting (at least logically, for my receptionists).
</snip>

I use also SetGroup and Checkgroup to roll 4 lines on a Polycom 600 for a
receptionist.  Just to let you know, you can press the line-appearance
button twice to pick up the call, instead of hitting the line button, then
the Answer softkey.  I would also like to figure out how to make the phone
*ring* when you're already on another line, but haven't had a chance to
seriously explore it yet.

Eric