[Asterisk-Users] calling an extension after a voicemail is left

Joel Duffield special_joel at spymac.com
Wed Jan 12 13:54:09 MST 2005

Hi All

I am setting up * for use as a voicemail. I have discovered that if I dial the
phone system and send "#+Extension+messagenumber" (dtmf) that the "msg" light will
come on on the phones, if 00 messages the light will go off. they are an old tie
onyx vs system. So how can I get asterisk to pick up a line and send these digits
after a voicemail has been left, even if the person hangs up the phone? would I
need a script to do this, I'm a noobie at writing scripts? Any experience or advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joel Duffield