[Asterisk-Users] What is the best and easiest flavor to be usedwith Asterisk.

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Jan 12 08:04:08 MST 2005

/SNIP/
I like Fedora Core 1 if for no other reason than I am used to redhat
distributions. Also you can grab RPMS from
ftp://ftp.linuxsys.com/pub/releases/FC1 for an easy installation.

The only caveat I know of with these packages is that something has
changed in Asterisk recently where it is not happy running as user
"asterisk" which is what my packaging intends to do. Until I have time
to figure this out, I recommend that you edit line 26 in
/etc/init.d/asterisk and remove "--user asterisk" the line reads:

/SNIP/

Never ever use Fedora if you want to use it for production. Not Fedora
Core 1 ever, when the current version is Fedora Core 3. My experience
with Fedora Core is not good.

Seshu Kanuri