[Asterisk-Users] Unofficial Broadvoice-users query/offer and DID routing question

Mike Cathey lists+asterisk at cathey.us
Wed Jan 12 07:44:59 MST 2005

Let me start by stating that I've been thinking about setting up an
unofficial broadvoice-users mailing list for a while.  I've asked
Broadvoice techs about it a couple times by phone and email and it looks
like they haven't passed it up to the people who would make that
decision or said people aren't interested in creating/maintaining one.
If there's enough interest (read 10 or more existing BV customers) in
one, I'd be willing to host it.  Interested parties please contact me
_offlist_.  Please let me know if you think a forum/BB or ML would be
preferred.

My main interest in setting up the list is to be able to troubleshoot
issues without bugging (a) BV (since they don't officially support * and
don't lock us out of their network) and (b) asterisk-users.

--Topic change--

If any BV customer with a 312/625 DID reads this and has had incoming
call issues, please let me know.  I've had incoming call routing stop
working no less than 3 times since 07/2004.  By stop working, I mean BV
support (and other customers) can call me through their softswitch(es),
but calls through the PSTN won't go through.  I've tested from 3
different NPA/NXXs and 3 separate PSTN providers in the past when it
'broke' and all were unable to complete the call.  This seems like it
could be an issue that's isolated to the provider they're getting the
DID from.  I acquired another did from them that they're getting from a
different provider (Global Crossing) so that I can test this theory
without bugging them.  312/625 is utilized by Global Naps according to
nanpa.com.

Cheers,

Mike