[Asterisk-Users] AMP Anyone?

Dennis Boylan asterisk at b-lan.com
Wed Jan 12 07:15:05 MST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 09:56:39PM -0500, Dave Morrow wrote:
> Hi all, I have been using Asterisk for a while now, and loving it.  Just about to update to 1.0 (running like 0.93)
> I was wondering if anyone has any expertise in the implementation of AMP onto an existing Asterisk install?  The instructions for it all deal with a fresh install of Asterisk, and I would hate to be forced to re-configure.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

A couple of notes here.  I'd setup my first * server manually.  I found some
issues which required a faster box, so I rebuilt my * server and installed
AMP.  The rebuild did not copy any of the existing * configuration, but
using the web interface, I duplicated most of my existing configuration
after correcting my mistakes from the first install.

The idea of migrating an existing * install to AMP is ok, but has many hurdles
that have to be crossed.  The biggest thing is that a lot of the configuration
is now in MySQL.  So, you would need a script to extract portions of the
existing * configuration and inserting it into the database or duplicate
your configuration using the web interface.

- Dennis