[Asterisk-Users] What is the best and easiest flavor to be usedwith Asterisk.

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Wed Jan 12 06:58:13 MST 2005

Almost any distro will do, since 2.6 kenels are bleeding edge you might
have to spend more time getting everything working, and in most cases
you are best served by determining which distro your hardware
manufacturer supports, Dell typically supports only redhat, HP supports
suse on many boxes. While there are workarounds, having the hardware
manufacturer deal with driver issues is a bonus.

The problem you are having with your "physical line" probably has little
or nothing to do with which distro you are using, RH 8.0 works fine.

Just a wild guess, but are you using a Digium Wildcard?

Maybe you should work on the real problem, which is assumed to be that
your TDM interface is not happy in your computer. Changing distros is
not likely to fix that.