[Asterisk-Users] Request to schedule in the past?!?!

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jan 11 20:22:41 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 21:43 -0500, Michael Greb wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:47:27AM -0500, Andrei (MPI) wrote:
> > Sync up your clock, guys: on the * server, PCs and the phones. And the
> > problem will go away.
> >
> > Andrei
>
> I can assure you this will not fix the problem, all of my asterisk
> servers, and so far hard phones, have ntp setting the time.  The clocks
> are all in sync, time has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.
> The issue is likely poor coding, a thread expected to finish before
> another is finishing after.

While you are correct that the syncing of clocks won't do a thing for
the problem since nothing is sending timestamps back and forth to be
bothered with. If VoIP required system clocks to be synced, 90% of
windows users would be screwed.

As for the poor coding, don't think so. Request to schedule in the past
is usually a timing issue, as in a zaptel timing issue. You need to have
something waking up the various threads regularly to send audio. Usually
this is attributed to a machine that is not able to handle realtime
load. This would be consistent with the original poster saying his
problem was solved by converting his mp3 moh files to a more appropriate
set of settings.