[Asterisk-Users] ASTCC configuration problem

Karl H. Putz karlp at fortephones.com
Tue Jan 11 18:51:50 MST 2005

Steve,

What version of MySQL are you running?  I upgraded to 4.1.8 and ran into the
problem below.  I initially tested with the user root and the default blank
password and was OK.  But when I changed over to a new user with a password,
I noticed an error message in the httpd logs:

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client

Once I converted to OLD_PASSWORD for the user, I was OK.  Remember to set
the password for the user at host matching the host name you have used in the
config file.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Old_client.html

Karl Putz