[Asterisk-Users] "Telco power supply" with digium card TE410P?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Tue Jan 11 16:03:44 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm in the need to use a line extender. I found a device, which
should best be placed in the middle of the line, which would make
power supplying difficult, unless I'd use its "telco power supply"
features:

The device is capable of taking current from one signal wire pair
or voltage from the potential difference between both pairs.

Both methods seems to be a sort of standard in telecommunication
technics.

Ok, it's not difficult to separate a MHz-signal from a constant
current or voltage, but I wonder, if feeding power to the line
would interfere the digium card. I assume the line is total
potential free, so it would not interfere.

Are there any experiences?

Roger.