[Asterisk-Users] BroadVoice Troubles

asterisk at bsius.com asterisk at bsius.com
Tue Jan 11 14:41:53 MST 2005

Hello all,

I tried out BroadVoice a few months back and got a WiSIP phone with it. The
service is spotty at best and after a few months I decided it really didn't
work well enough to keep around, although the WiSIP was nice.

I e-mailed their support and found out what I needed to do to cancel,
apparently you don't own the WiSIP, you are just putting a $150 deposit down
on it. No biggie, the rep advised that it would be credited and no fees
would be charged as long as it was received within 14 days.

I took the phone to a UPS Store so that it would be professionally packaged
and shipped it off on November 1st. It arrived at their office November 8,
well within the 14 days.

Being the patient man I am, I waited for a reverse charge to show up on my
credit card, or an e-mail from BroadVoice saying that the account was
canceled and here is my deposit back for a good month. Then on December 14th
I wrote the support at broadvoice.com e-mail again asking for a status and
received no reply.

I let the Christmas holiday pass and wrote again January 5th, again politely
asking on a status. No reply.

I contacted them again yesterday asking again for my deposit and copied
their President/CEO, it will be the last time I deal with them as I will be
turning the matter over to my Attorney if I don't hear back by Wednesday.

My question is simply, has anyone received a deposit from these people once
you return the equipment in good order? I've been unable to contact them now
for almost 2 whole months.

Thanks,
Bill Church
asterisk at bsius.com