[Asterisk-Users] BroadVoice outgoing works - now tackle caller ID

digium-list digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Jan 11 13:22:10 MST 2005

Hi,

I got a broadvoice "business" account under the byod(bring your own
device) program. I have applied the patches and created new asterisk
debian packages. I have the account working on inbound and outbound. The
problem area is outbound caller ID. I have 3 other accounts with IAX2
providers and have no problem setting the caller ID on outbound calls.

I called them and they didn't seem to know for sure if this was allowed.
Does anybody know for sure? If it turns out that it isn't allowed, I can
use the web login to always block caller ID. I prefer to be able to set
it so the called party has the correct callback number.

I see some recent posts seeking general help with broadvoice outbound so
below are some of my config file lines. This is how I do a quick test
for provider accounts.

;obviously I have to obscure my broadvoice credentials
;replace AUTHID and AUTHPW with the auth_id and auth_password values
they email you
;notice that AUTHID is the 10-digit number for the line

;sip.conf
[general]
;note that this register line works for me - I had problems with the
sample they provided
register => AUTHID:AUTHPW at sip.broadvoice.com

;sip.conf
[broadvoice01]
type=peer
host=sip.broadvoice.com
username=AUTHID
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=AUTHID
secret=AUTHPW
context=default
dtmfmode=inband         ; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or info

;extension.conf
;add to default context with the asterisk demo enabled

;simplest way to test that inbound works
exten => AUTHID,1,Goto(default,s,1)

;simplest way to test that outbound works
;set the caller id to indicate which outbound provider you are testing
;set the number dialed to a line with incoming caller id enabled
;broadvoice
exten => 9003,1,Playback(transfer); Let them know what's going on
exten => 9003,2,SetCallerID(2074339003); Set your CallerID as a ten
digit number like this.
exten => 9003,3,dial(SIP/12074339999 at broadvoice01,20,mtr) ; Dial
Broadvoice for 30 seconds
exten => 9003,4,Playback(demo-nogo)     ; Couldn't connect to the demo site
exten => 9003,5,Goto(s,6)               ; Return to the start over message.