[Asterisk-Users] X100P random hangups - Please help with suggestions

Vassilis Konstantinou lists at nefeli.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 12:02:55 MST 2005

Just to answer my own question so that this loop is closed and hopefully
others who suffer from the same problem may find this useful.

The problem in the end had nothing to do with Asterisk of the X100P or at
least not directly. After pulling my hair for months and checking various
bits of code, drivers and hardware, I realised that the problem was cause
by a stupid desktop digital satellite box (UK SKY)connected in parallel
(well ...same line other socket) with the X100Ps. The box has a modem and
has to phone 'the mother ship' every so often for billing purposes  mainly.
God knows what it does to the line in between but my suspicion is that the
combination of impedance of the two was the main cause of the random
hangups.  As soon as I removed it from the socket, the problem disappeared!
So if you get random hangups with X100Ps and you have other devices
connected directly on the main line, check those as well.

Many thanks to all the people who contributed ideas.

Vassilis