[Asterisk-Users] Ring Voltage Supplied by Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F& AUTO FXS/DPO

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Tue Jan 11 10:42:01 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Jim Van Meggelen wrote:
>
>> asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
>>> I'm trying to connect a TDM400P with an FXS module to a Valcom
>>> V-9940 Paging adaptor. This port on the TDM400P was connected to a
>>> 2500 Set and was working I just re-connected it to the Valcom (which
>>> is known to work on a Telco POTS line) and its not picking up.  The
>>> Valcom docs say it need a minimum of 75 Volts at 20-30 Hz to
>>> recognize a call... So the question is what ring voltage does the
>>> FXS modules on a TDM400P put out?
>>
>> Ultimately, that depends on how much current is being drawn, but my
>> multimeter reports about 70V on a 6 foot line cord. Generally, I'd
>> expect an FXS to put out more like 90-110V (that's what my TalkSwitch
>> supplies).
>
> The ring voltage can be configured. Try setting the module parameter
> "boostringer" when the wctdm module is insmod / modprobed.

Which is accomplished in 1.0.x by the following:

# modprobe wcfxs boostringer=1

And in CVS HEAD (I assume, as I haven't tested this) by:

# modprobe wctdm boostringer=1

Who, exactly, Boo Stringer is has not yet been determined.

Boo Radley? NO, Boo Stringer.

(Sorry for the pun, folks, but I will now never forget this parameter
name).