[Asterisk-Users] Is this good packet latency/jitter ? (ping resultsfor BabyTel...)

Raymond McKay asterisk at raynettech.com
Tue Jan 11 10:31:41 MST 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 12:15 PM, Kim Lux wrote:

> I'm about to order an account with BabyTel.  They are based in Montreal
> and have line access in most Canadian centers.  Does this look good
> enough for VOIP ?

Easily.  I have connections where the latency is up to 300ms but a
consistent 300ms without loss.  The key to clear VoIP isn't always the
latency but more of an issue of packet loss and ordering.  As long as
your packets arrive constantly and in order, most times you are going
to find that the connection is good enough for VoIP.  Mind you higher
latency will equal more delay in communications and echo problems, but
those can be dealt with.

Raymond McKay
President
RAYNET Technologies LLC