[Asterisk-Users] Generic modem question

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Tue Jan 11 01:41:48 MST 2005

> Yes, you can buy a clone.  Yes, it may work currently (although I wouldn't
want to guess for how long).  Also, the ?>?>>
> actual cards that the X100Ps are based on have stopped being produced by
Intel, so you're out of luck as far as a
> replacement goes in 6 months time.

I though that the X100P were a tigerjet chip?  I'm not looking at one right
now but I've seen the Tigerjet branding on the real X100Ps and also on the
TDM400 board too.  Actually I have a couple of branded tigerjet "telephone
gateway" (or something) cards that are identical [in appearance] to X100Ps
(although I remember that in zaptel they were identified as generic) - I'm
not using them now but they seemed to work fine.

> Don't forget that the impedance on the X100P (or clone) is 600Ohms so you
won't be able to use it without echo outside
> of the United States.

Thats very interesting - I've certinly had echo annoyances (not major
problems - echo canel got rid of it after a second or so) and I put it down
to bad quality telephone lines (probably true too).

Derek

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.