[Asterisk-Users] Russian characters showing up on safe_asterisk console in RedHat 9 and Fedora Core 2

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Mon Jan 10 21:10:43 MST 2005

 Here's a strange one - when I run safe_asterisk on either of these
distros, words that are colored blue or violet (but not red) turn up in
Russian (and some other languages, I think).  If I run asterisk with the
same arguments (-vvvg -c) as safe_asterisk does, from the console, it's
OK.  If I run it in a Putty window it's OK.  If I run asterisk -r from
another console or from Putty it's OK.

So I ran asterisk in 'script' and cut a line containing some blue text
(Registered application 'Exec', the word Exec is in blue) and sent it to
all my virtual consoles.  It looks OK on tty1 thru tty8, but on tty9 and
up it's both blue and Russian.

So I just changed TTY from 9 to 8 in safe_asterisk, but this is the sort
of trivial problem that keeps me up at night, does anyone know  if
there's something different about tty9 and up?

believed to be clean.