[Asterisk-Users] telemarketing application

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Mon Jan 10 17:43:14 MST 2005

> I think no one should abuse Asterisk and make it into a telemarketer
> tool.  In fact, it is designed to supposedly drive telemarketers away!

There's telemarketing and then there's telemarketing. Everyone's opinion
is different but I think the type you are referring to are probably the
ones that call you at home around 7:00 in the evening when you're trying
to feed the kids, and the only way out of the conversation is to hang up
on them while they're still talking because they won't take no for an
answer.

The client I deal with are oriented towards educational institutions,
and do honour do-not-call lists, and are (with the exception of a few
zealots), generally well regarded.

Asterisk has a few features which might allow you to 'drive
telemarketers away', but I'm not sure that that is its specific purpose.

But thanks for your input :)

James