[Asterisk-Users] SIP Reorder tones

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Mon Jan 10 14:31:59 MST 2005

> Often, when someone tries to dial any internal extension or
> external number, they get the "Reorder" message. If they try
> again, they get another "Reorder" message. If they try a
> third time, the call gets through.

I have one Cisco 7960 inside a NAT with an * box on a public IP (running
Stable 1.0.3). I started experiencing the same problem when I changed
from specifiying my external IP in the 7960's config to enabling
nat_received_processing in the 7960's config and setting nat=yes in
sip.conf. Going back made the problem go away.

I don't know if you have the same situation (phones inside a NAT), but I
thought I would let you know anyways.

--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 416.628.9342 (toronto)