[Asterisk-Users] 64 Bit Support?

Chris Miller asterisk at scratchspace.com
Mon Jan 10 14:24:50 MST 2005

I'm running * on an AMD 64 system with FC3 x86_64, everything works fine
so far. Programs can be rewritten to take advantage of the the 64 bit
architecture and the extra computing power. Having seen that many high
end systems are using 32 bit Xeon based systems for call capacity, I'm
wondering if/when we might see a * port for 64 bit, and if there will be
a substantial difference in call capacity. AMD's 64 bit systems are
comparable in price, in some cases cheaper, and in benchmarks are often
more powerful than the Intel counterpart (depending on what is running).
Thoughts?

Chris