[Asterisk-Users] Some questions (maybe Nikotel related)

Christian Peter christian.peter at charlysworld.de
Mon Jan 10 14:12:08 MST 2005

Hi list,

I have some nontrivial questions. I am no telecommunication guru and I
will explain it with my simple words. I hope someone can help me with
these issues (with Asterisk 1.0.3):

- If I call outside (with Nikotel to German Telekom) there is a remote
hangup after 2 minutes. I've seen other people posting this but nothing
helped. I luckily managed to get around this issue with the following
workaround: The provider section should only contain disallow=all and
then only allow=gsm. If I add allow=alaw in the provider section then
the remote hangup occurs. Thats funny because it shouldn't matter
because gsm comes before alaw in my list. Since Asterisk 1.0.3 the codec
order in the telephone and provider sections should be respected.
Someone experienced this behaviour too? Is there a developer who can
comment?

- I sniffed the traffic and came to another strange issue. From time to
time asterisk sends a OPTIONS packet (even before REGISTER). This
packets have a From header which looks like this:
<sip:asterisk at 192.168.1.170>
Nikotel does of course not recognize this address and sends a "Call leg
or transaction does not exist". Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

- No internal Nikotel call (phone number beginning with 99) reaches my
friends (which have similar sip.conf and extensions.conf). Somewhere I
read that the section must be named like the host "calamar0.nikotel.com"
so that asterisk finds it. It didn't help. Did someone manage to get
this working?

Attached are my sip.conf and my extensions.conf

Greetings

Christian Peter

##################################
SIP CONF: