[Asterisk-Users] ACD Queue question.

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Mon Jan 10 14:07:35 MST 2005

This is how the sample config reads:

; A context may be specified, in which if the user types a SINGLE
; digit extension while they are in the queue, they will be taken out
; of the queue and sent to that extension in this context.
;

The way I read this it would be able to accomplish most of what you
requested, but I am not sure what would happen if you pressed an
extension not specified.

In other words specify context=queueout in your queues.conf,
have the following defined in your extensions.conf:

[queueout]
Exten => 1,1,Voicemail(1234)
Exten => 0,1,Dial(SIP/1234)

If the caller hits 0 it will dial extension 1234, or if they hit 1 it
will drop to voicemail.  You will have to test it to see what happens
when the caller hits a button not defined.

If you do test it please let us know how it behaves when an extension
is entered, but not specified in the context.

Hope this helps,

Robert Jackson