[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 keep alive?

Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino miguelrvs at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Jan 10 13:21:37 MST 2005

In a setup I've made i have a problem in the two way origination of the call.

Asterisk 1 <==> Public internet <==> NAT <==> Asterisk 2

note the two way pointing arrows.
When you call from the *2 to the *1, the call passes, but if you try to call from the *1
to the *2, it will not connect, unless you call from *1 to *2, and inmediately after
hang-up, you call in the other way.
I'm pretty sure it's a NAT loosing state too fast, and i can do nothing to fix the NAT.
Is there a way to have a keep-alive between the two * boxes?
I read about a config in iax.conf called  qualify=yes  to do that? does the qualify
parameter activates a sort of keep-alive?

Miguel Ruiz Velasco