[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Asterisk to a Toshiba Strata system

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:16:55 MST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:03:58 -0500, David Brodbeck
<DavidB at mail.interclean.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in setting up Asterisk as a voice mail system for our Toshiba
> Strata CTX100 PBX.  Our current voice mail system connects to the PBX with
> four analog extensions.  Does anyone have information on how to integrate
> this kind of system with Asterisk?  I've looked at the legacy integration
> section of the Wiki, but it doesn't seem to have anything about Toshiba
> systems.

David,

I do this with a Toshiba Strata DK280. The model before the CTX. You
shouldn't have any problem doing this with the CTX either. Assuming
you don't have SMDI integration with your voicemail (you didn't state
that you did), you just need the phones to send trailing digits, and
you need to negotiate the lighting of voicemail lights on phones. All
manageble from Asterisk.

As for hardware, you mention you only need 4 ports now. You could get
a tdm400 card, but you would max that out with the first install. Like
most of us here who have messed with Asterisk, this is only the
*first* application that you have. There will be more, I promise! Do
yourself a favor and look at a T100p and an Adit 600 with 8 (or more)
FXS ports. You're intial investment will be about $800 bucks, but it
will prepare you to do more with the Asterisk->Toshiba integration.

Good luck, and do some wiki reading.

-Chuji