[Asterisk-Users] SetGroup

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Mon Jan 10 09:56:57 MST 2005

Daniel Niasoff wrote:

> A problem I am finding is that with internal calls I want to increment
> both the called and calling extension and SetGroup only appears to allow
> a call to be in a single group. Ideally I would like to specify that the
> call is a member of multiple groups.

That is correct, if you do not use category names. If you supply a
category name as well, a channel can be in multiple groups, one per
category.

Also check out the OUTBOUND_GROUP variable that you can pass to Dial(),
so that it will put the channel it creates into a group for you (since
you can't call SetGroup on that channel easily).