[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Demo

Walid Azab wazab at gawab.com
Mon Jan 10 06:07:19 MST 2005

Ah, ok.. It is a bit clearer now.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Rich Adamson
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 12:36 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Demo

> I need to setup a demo for asterisk and need some help here please.
> The demo is connecting to
Asterisk a Cisco 7970 SIP (ver. &.0) and a SIP
> client on HP iPAQ via a wireless hotspot. I need to configure both
> with the same extension
with a shared line like in Cisco CallManager. This
> way if the extension is called both iPAQ and the IP phone ring and the
> user gets to pick up
using either.

You will not be able to configure both phones with the same extension.
The one that registers last will be the only one that will function, until
the second decides to register. Then the first one will fail and the second
one will work.

Give each phone its own extension and then include both extension numbers
within the Dial command (as someone already commented on).
Something like:

PHONE3=SIP/3010
PHONE4=SIP/3011
exten => 100,1,Dial(${PHONE3}&${PHONE4},20)

Both phones will ring, but the first one that answers the call will get the
call.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: