[Asterisk-Users] Connecting Phone To Asterisk

Daniel Joos joosfamily at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 10 05:21:11 MST 2005

"How does the phone know which server's address, did you set this with
DHCP or directly into the phone. If you already set this information can
you verify it in some way. If you are not seeing anything on the server
then the phone is most likely not talking to it for some reason."

Scott -

When I set the phone up, it asks me what the server address is, and it
is getting input manually. The only way that I have been able to verify
this is by doing sip debug and watching to see if the phone is even
trying to register with Asterisk. One of the things that I did was to
actually run my soft phone on my laptop, and also had a SSH window open
with the Terminal up and I tried to dial the phone it's self and I could
see my soft phone communicate with the server, but there was no response
from my hard phone. I have contacted my manufacturer and am having them
look into this as it should be working fine, but I am wondering if
something happened to the phone between the time that they shipped it
and it worked, and me receiving it because I have only been able to
receive one call on it, and that was through their provider not my server.

~Dan