[Asterisk-Users] E&M trunk card?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jan 10 04:27:10 MST 2005

> Has anyone found an inexpensive E&M trunk card that will play with *?
> Looking for an interface to a legacy electromechanical PBX that's able
> to pass answer supervision. Docs on the X100P card would be helpful, we
> could probably pull E&M out of that. Any ideas?

I don't believe there are any cards available that support e&m leads
other then using a T1 card and a channel bank. You would probably
need to find an older channel bank since the newer less-expensive
ones don't have e&m cards either.

The x100p card will not support e&m leads. The specs that would be of
interest for the x100p are the Silicon Labs 3012 and 3021 chips. You
can find them at the www.silabs.com site.

Even if you heavily modified the x100p card to somehow create the
e&m leads, you'd still spend a significant amount of time modifying
asterisk code to use the modifications.

You might check the legacy pbx to see if a loop trunk with mf tones
might be available from somewhere.