[Asterisk-Users] Has there been a change to "t" functionality in HEAD

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Mon Jan 10 03:24:44 MST 2005

Over the weekend we moved our Asterisk upto HEAD so that we can take
advantage of the new "n" priority and associated labels in the dialplan
(fantastic).

However I think there is a change to the way "t" option (in the Dial
command) works.  Before reporting it I thought I'd see if anyone else has
noticed it.

The use of "t" is supposed to allow the callee to transfer a call.  On
Friday (before upgrade) if worked fine.  After upgrade pressing the # key
does nothing.  However put the caller on hold, get the caller back and
*then* press the # key and transfer works.

A quick check shows that the "T" option (allows the caller to transfer)
continues to work OK.  Also, without the "t" the callee is unable to
transfer at all.

So it appear that in HEAD the "t" and "T" options are being recognised by
Asterisk but that "t" is not usable until the callee presses flash.

If you have any experience with transfer when using HEAD I'd welcome your
feedback.

Bill Seddon