[Asterisk-Users] capi help please..(capi not installed - No such device or address (6) )

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 9 19:26:03 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 12:39 +0100, Philipp Ebneter wrote:
[snip]
> I ran into a similar problem: I also have a eicon 4bri and tried to
> install it on a dell server with redhat as 3.
> The problem I have is that I always got a error message when doing
> "modprobe capi". The module is compiled in the kernel (it shows up with
> "lsmod").
[snip]

I am not sure which kernel version RH AS 3 uses but my Eicon Diva Server
BRI would not correctly work unless I used kernel 2.6.9 (iirc). This is
because significant Eicon and capi fixes were included in that 2.6
kernel. I don't know if those fixes were backported to 2.4. Check
melware.de for the patches. Perhaps using a very recent 2.6.x kernel
could solve your problem. Or a 2.4 kernel with the latest Eicon/capi
pathes from melware.de

Regards,
Patrick