[Asterisk-Users] GSM adapter for analog telephone - connect with fxo or fxs to Asterisk

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Sun Jan 9 18:05:44 MST 2005

Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Siemens combiset - it can gateway GSM phone to normal analog phone.
> It has output where I can connect regulat analog phone.
>
> How can I connect to combiset with Asterisk - via fxo or fxs ?

It is my understanding that an FXS device generates dial tone, and a FXO
device expects dial tone to be provided to it.

According to www.sipura.com, the SPA2000 I have has two FXS ports on it,
and I know that they generate dial tone.

If your gateway produces dial tone(which I expect it does), you need an
FXO device to connect it to asterisk. This is the same type of device
you would need to plug a standard phone line from your local LEC into
asterisk.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/