[Asterisk-Users] Problems with udev on FC3

Chris Miller asterisk at scratchspace.com
Sun Jan 9 16:11:37 MST 2005

I had the same problem and I see that this was addressed in udev-043 :

http://lwn.net/Articles/111858/?format=printable

(search for zaptel)

FC3 has udev-039-8.FC3 installed by default. If you run up2date, an
update to udev-039-10.FC3.6 is available that fixes this problem. Also
the typical zaptel entries don't show up in /var/log/messages during
boot when things are installed correctly.

IMPORTANT: You may need to force install this rpm (at least in the
graphical up2date client) if you already modified :

/etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules

If you don't update the new copy of this file, your system won't boot
and you'll have to boot single user to fix it.

On a side note I also found this page which discusses udev and how to
workaround device issues.

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/

Chris

Original Message below

I've been testing * on FC3.  I have everything compiled and installed.
However, when I do 'modprobe wcfxo' (I have an X100P clone), I get the
following in /var/log/messages:
Nov 24 10:23:40 jfd wait_for_sysfs[3366]: either wait_for_sysfs (udev
039) needs an update to handle the device '/class/zaptel/zaptimer'
properly (no device symlink) or the sysfs-support of your device's
driver needs to be fixed, please report to <linux-hotplug-
devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Nov 24 10:23:40 jfd wait_for_sysfs[3368]: either wait_for_sysfs (udev
039) needs an update to handle the device '/class/zaptel/zapchannel'
properly (no device symlink) or the sysfs-support of your device's
driver needs to be fixed, please report to <linux-hotplug-
devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Nov 24 10:23:40 jfd wait_for_sysfs[3370]: either wait_for_sysfs (udev
039) needs an update to handle the device '/class/zaptel/zappseudo'
properly (no device symlink) or the sysfs-support of your device's
driver needs to be fixed, please report to <linux-hotplug-
devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Nov 24 10:23:40 jfd wait_for_sysfs[3372]: either wait_for_sysfs (udev
039) needs an update to handle the device '/class/zaptel/zapctl'
properly (no device symlink) or the sysfs-support of your device's
driver needs to be fixed, please report to <linux-hotplug-
devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Nov 24 10:23:44 jfd wait_for_sysfs[3377]: either wait_for_sysfs (udev
039) needs an update to handle the device '/class/zaptel/zap1' properly
(no device symlink) or the sysfs-support of your device's driver needs
to be fixed, please report to <linux-hotplug-
devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

I added the udev rules as described in README.udev.

Any ideas?

TIA