[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP channel (PSTN Calls)

Walid Azab wazab at gawab.com
Sun Jan 9 13:55:00 MST 2005

Hello Every one

I need to enable Asterisk to route external land line calls to the PSTN.
Regarding our environment, we have Cisco CallManager (3.3.4) to which IP
phones are connected. E1 terminated on a couple of As 5300's which are
controlled by a soft switch (Cisco PGW200 Call Control).

What is the best scenario to route external calls to PSTN. Should I use SIP
or just connect Asterisk to Cisco CCM. Any technical details are very much
appreciated.

Thanks
Walid