[Asterisk-Users] OT help with rmdir pls

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Jan 8 17:02:47 MST 2005

> I am tying to clear down an asterisk source directory before CVS'ing a
> new version
> the --ignore... option is being used but its still not being deleted,
> can anyone give me some clues.
>
> Sorry I'm new to Linux, as if you havent guessed. Googling hasnt helped so far

The easiest way (leaving a backup) is to:
 cd /usr/src
 mv asterisk asterisk-Jan2
 mv libpri libpri-Jan2
 mv zaptel zaptel-Jan2
and then do a complete new checkout. If you don't like the new checkout
for whatever reason, then restoring the original source is nothing more
then reversing the above steps.

(Note: if you restore the source noted above, you may have to remove the
modules that were installed in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules as well.)