[Asterisk-Users] Echo on Zaptel FXO :(

Sat Jan 8 16:33:30 MST 2005

Hi,

> substantially lower (pretty much unhearable) on the NTL line compared
> to the BT Line, so you have a fairly good chance (hopefully) of getting
> a decent solution.

I hope so :)

> 00:0a.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
> Modem/ISDN interface

Yeah, looks like the same as me:

0000:00:09.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
Modem/ISDN interface
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 0003

> In the web interface of your Sipura go to Regional and change the FXS
> Port Impedeance to 370+620||310nF. This is the correct impedance
> setting for the UK and improved echo problems I had which only affected
> the BT Studio 100 dect phones we have.

I already have that set :)

I did start thinking maybe it was the sipura but I only hear the echo on
the calls through Zap, not when doing calls through VoIP providers which
is why I think it's the Zap card.

> Why don't you use the PSTN line on the SPA-3000 instead of the X100P?
> People are reporting much better results with the SPA-3000's PSTN port
> than with an X100P (in the UK).

Well, a few reasons:

outgoing calls - for some reason when I make a call from asterisk over
the pstn line on, I get a ring 1st - like Brrrrring. This same thing
happens when sending calls to the pstn port from the spa3k dialplan too.
I mailed Sipura suport about it but they didn't come back with anything
useful.

incoming calls (which are the main problem - I make most of my calls now
over voip but my incoming calls still come in over pstn because that's
the number people know) - the spa3k can't send a call to asterisk without
answering it 1st (or it can with a funny setup that a guy posted to the
voxilla forums which I dont think works right for some reason) and I
want asterisk to be able to ring other phones with the call before it's
answered.

both: i've had some strange noises using the pstn port on it - like
interferance.

Thanks!

--ian