[Asterisk-Users] Problems with MeetMe accepting conference PIN

Dean Thompson Dean.Thompson at learningseat.com
Fri Jan 7 20:35:38 MST 2005

Hi!,

[...]

>>I know this question may have been asked before (although the archives
>>don't seem to suggest it), but has anyone had any problems with Asterisk
>>accepting a PIN number for a conference room.
>>
>>At this point in time I have established the conference definition in
>>the meetme.conf file as well as specifying the appropriate lines in the
>>extensions.conf file.
>>
>>meetme.conf file:
>>conf => 1234,1574
>>
>>extensions.conf file:
>>exten => 1234,1,MeetMe(5678) OR exten => 1234,1,MeetMe,5678
>>

> In your extensions.conf file you need to call the meeting that you created
> in the meetme.conf file.
>
> So you in your example you need to call MeetMe(1234), which is the meeting
> you created in the meetme.conf file.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have made the appropriate
configurations, but the system stil refuses to accept the pin for the
conference.

The definition now looks like the following:

meetme.conf file:
conf => 1234 OR
conf => 1234,5678
  +--> When the PIN is specified in the meetme.conf file, the system does
       not recognise the conference at all.

extensions.conf file:
exten => 1000,1,Answer
exten => 1000,2,Wait(1)
exten => 1000,3,Authenticate(5678)
exten => 1000,4,MeetMe(1324)
exten => 1000,5,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => 1000,6,Hangup

The PIN number (5678) is still not recognised.  I should point out that
I am using the SJPhone client and the INBAND DTMF configuration, for the
phone to work.

I still can't really work out why the pin 5678 (with the #) key at the
end is still not being recognised by the system.  Both the ztdummy and
the zaprtc modules for Linux 2.6 have been used to provide RTC support.
  Native RTC has been removed from the kernel.

See ya

Dean Thompson