[Asterisk-Users] spandsp and app_rxfax (alternative topic:t38modem)

Nils Segerdahl seger at upsys.se
Fri Jan 7 15:05:44 MST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Michael Welter wrote:

> Nils Segerdahl wrote:
>
> > I suspected frame slips. But sound quality was ok. Everything was ok.
> > Except maybe to many interrupts on the line cards.
> >
> > But when I changed my devicedriver to one that was more safe regarding
> > lost interrupts it worked like a charm.
>
> Device driver?  TDM device driver?  Would you please explain what you did?

Sorry, I was using zaptel patched with bristuff on asterisk 1.0.2
The driver was the bristuff zaphfc driver for Billion hfc isdn cards.
Slackware 10, Linux kernel 2.4.26 on P4 2.8GHZ, libtiff 3.5.7
spandsp 0.2.0r6

After i applied Florians patch it all started working like a charm
(Link to patch on wiki: asterisk zaphfc page)

The patch decreases the risk for lost interrupts as far as I can
understand. So I guess that that was my problem.

/Nils