[Asterisk-Users] spandsp and app_rxfax (alternative topic:t38modem)

Nils Segerdahl seger at upsys.se
Fri Jan 7 14:25:29 MST 2005

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Ryan wrote:
>
> >On Friday 07 January 2005 01:35 pm, Lee Howard wrote:
> >
> >Just to be clear. What I am getting is about the top inch of the fax and
> >that's all. The total size of the TIFF is ALWAYS about 3KB or less.
> >

> If your TIFF are consistently that small you probably have a TIFF
> library problem. Frame slips generally give much more eratic results. If
> you believe you have a good version of the TIFF library on your machine,
> check you don't have any others. A *lot* of people have told me they had
> a good TIFF library, and later found they also have one or more bad ones
> too. :-)

I had exactly the same problem. The faxes received was about 2 inches then
stop.

Same result all the time.

libtiff 3.5.7, 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.7.1 all the same.

Kernel 2.4.27
No change with 2.6.7

I suspected frame slips. But sound quality was ok. Everything was ok.
Except maybe to many interrupts on the line cards.

But when I changed my devicedriver to one that was more safe regarding
lost interrupts it worked like a charm.

/Nils

Nils Segerdahl
Upsala Systemkonsult, UPSYS AB     Telefon:(+46) (0)18 56 80 41
Glunten, 751 83 Uppsala            Mobil: (+46) (0)703 55 65 03
http://www.upsys.se                Fax: (+46) (0)18 56 80 49
Jan  8 	Battle of New Orleans
Jan  9 	Fellowship reaches Lorien (LOTR)
Jan  9 	Plough Monday
Jan 10 	First meeting of United Nations General Assembly in London, 1946
Jan 10 	Thomas Paine's Common Sense published, 1776
Jan  8 	American Telephone and Telegraph loses antitrust case, 1982
Jan  8 	Herman Hollerith patents first data processing computer, 1889
Jan  8 	Justice Dept. drops IBM suit, 1982
Jan 10 	First CDC 1604 delivered to Navy, 1960