[Asterisk-Users] spandsp and app_rxfax (alternative topic:t38modem)

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Jan 7 13:45:07 MST 2005

Ryan wrote:

>On Friday 07 January 2005 01:35 pm, Lee Howard wrote:
>

>>Since spandsp doesn't use ECM, what I'm about to say doesn't apply to
>>spandsp.  If you receive truncated (versus corrupted) fax images from
>>spandsp, then I'm not sure what the problem would be.  What I'm about
>>to say only applies to ECM-enabled fax sessions such as usually will
>>happen with most modern fax machines and modern HylaFAX.
>>

>Just to be clear. What I am getting is about the top inch of the fax and
>that's all. The total size of the TIFF is ALWAYS about 3KB or less.

If your TIFF are consistently that small you probably have a TIFF
library problem. Frame slips generally give much more eratic results. If
you believe you have a good version of the TIFF library on your machine,
check you don't have any others. A *lot* of people have told me they had
a good TIFF library, and later found they also have one or more bad ones
too. :-)

Regards,
Steve