[Asterisk-Users] spandsp and app_rxfax (alternative topic: t38modem)

Ryan lists at vanmiddlesworth.org
Fri Jan 7 12:24:36 MST 2005

On Friday 07 January 2005 11:37 am, Nils Segerdahl wrote:
> There was a discussion on this list a short while ago on howto debug
> frameslips.
> [..]
> When I applied Florian  Zumbiehls  patch the problem went away.
> (The link to the patch can be found in the wiki: asterisk zaphfc)
>
> Is it a possibility that there is a problem with interrupt handling
> in the zaptel driver for other cards as well?

There shouldn't be. The machine is pretty swift (Sempron 1.5 Ghz) and it's
only running Asterisk. IDE DMA is on, CPU usage is very low, and the machine
is only experiencing about 3000/sec interrupts most of the time.

I'm not running the zaphfc module because I was under the impression I did not
need it. I've only got 2 TDM400 cards with 4 FXO ports each. The rest of our
setup is SIP.

Also, I am able to receive faxes if I use a physical fax machine and a
Grandstream ATA 286:
 PSTN  <-Zaptel->  Aterisk  <-SIP (Grandstream ATA 286)-> Real fax machine

I would think that means the problem is not on the zaptel side of Asterisk,
correct?

Ryan