[Asterisk-Users] Ringing an extension on multiple phones

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Fri Jan 7 12:12:02 MST 2005

<<You can Dial() extension SIP/line1&SIP/line2>>

Yes, and if the multiple extensions that ring are members of the same group
then any one of the phones can pickup the call.

So the next question is: how does the receptionist put the system into
"group ring" mode.  The answer is to have the receptionist call a nominated
number such as **221 (enable group ringing) and **222 (to disable group
ringing).

When the receptionist calls **221 a global variable (or an entry in the
registry is created) is made to contain a value that indicates group ringing
is in effect.  When **222 is called, calls ring on the operator extension.

We use a similar approach to have support calls forwarded to mobile phones
out of office hours.

Bill Seddon