[Asterisk-Users] Problem with call pickup

Ramon Peek R.Peek at trends.nl
Fri Jan 7 07:45:36 MST 2005

> I know that my phone displays *8 because I dailed that.
> But it's definitly not what I would want, or most other people.
> Any other ordinary PBX would show the CID of the caller, but because this
is a SIP-based system we get this problem.
> I was thinking more in line of an alternate call-pickup procedure to
realize this option.
> My idea would be:
>
> exten => *8,1,SetVar(PICKEXT=${CALLERIDNUM})
> exten => *8,2,HangUp
> exten => *8,3, Here come the lines that will deflect the call to $PICKEXT
>
> Why deflect?, well when a call is deflected CID information is also
transferred.

> The effect would be that when dialing *8 the connection would be closed,
but immediatly after that your phone will ring showing you all the
information you need.. even before pickup.

> You could call this function remote deflecting???
>
> This function does not exist in * as far as I know, but perhaps there is
some work-around to this???

> Anyone?!??!

I have configured call pickup, and this works fine.
Although there are 2 problems, perhaps anyone would know a solution to this;

- When I pickup a call from another set, the *8 code keeps being displayed
in my screen (Snom 220).
  I would like it to show the phonenumber of the person calling me.

- When a caller that I've answered through Call-Pickup disconnects, my phone
does not close the connection but acts like there is still someone on the
otherside. (Logging shows dat de Zap/channel has cleared, but not the
SIP/channel)

I use Asterisk 1.0.2-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC2

Ramon