[Asterisk-Users] IAX outgoing redundancy

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Thu Jan 6 22:19:43 MST 2005

Hello.

I am having an issue where sometimes the cheapest provider for certain
international destinations is not always reliable in completing calls.
However, there is not problem once the call is made (i.e. no lag or echo
or anything). The way I have it set up right now (for example) for Dar
es Salaam, Tanzania is:

exten => _925522XX.,1,Dial(IAX2/livevoip/011${EXTEN:1})
exten => _925522XX.,102,Dial(IAX2/voipjet/011${EXTEN:1})

If LiveVOIP's servers are down, it use VoipJet to complete the call,
which is great. But if LiveVOIP keeps saying "progress", * waits and
eventually times out. (BTW This is not just a problem with LiveVOIP -
for some other countries where VoipJet is primary I've had similar
problems).

Are there any ways to get around this problem? Is there a way to timeout
if "ringing" doesn't happen in 5 secs (for example) and go to the backup
provider?

--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 416.491.9136 (toronto)