[Asterisk-Users] Message light on 7960 or in this case no message light

Scott Henderson scott at finite-tech.com
Thu Jan 6 20:06:01 MST 2005

I have just finished setting up a new asterisk system which is basically
the same as our first system.  We are using 7960 phones and I used the
phone config files the first installation with appropriate changes.

The problem is that on the new system I get no message lights, I can't
figure this out.  One thing I do notice is that when I monitor the sip
debug on the second system the sip "chatter" is almost none existent and
the sip "chatter" on the first system that works is quite regular.

There is a version difference as follows:

The system that is working is: Asterisk 1.0.1 built by msp at toshiba on a
i686 running Linux

The system that isn't working is: Asterisk 1.0.2 built by msp at toshiba on
a i686 running Linux

I have reviewed everything I can think of but now message lights and the
"chatter" that seems to have the "Message" information doesn't seem to
be occurring on the system that isn't work like it is on the working system.

--
Scott Henderson
Finite Technologies Incorporated