[Asterisk-Users] TE410P problem (Looping UP Span 1...)

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Jan 6 19:49:04 MST 2005

Sid-

Try connecting one port to another.  Note that one of the ports must be
set up as "cpe" and the other as "net" in zapata.conf when you loop them
together like this.

A suitable crossover cable for testing can be constructed by cutting up
a CAT 5 cable, and connecting:
Pin 1 <--> Pin 4 on the other end
Pin 2 <--> Pin 5
Pin 4 <--> Pin 1
Pin 5 <--> Pin 2

You should get green's on both the connected channels if your zaptel and
zapata configurations are ok, and if you've run both modprobe and ztcfg
as documented.

Good luck
Scott Stingel
President