[Asterisk-Users] Sip providor reference in extentions.conf

Philip Siegrist psiegrist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:56:43 MST 2005

Hi,

I am stuck. :(  I am attempting to use a 3rd party voip company for LD
calling by doing the following:

sip.conf

[newtel]
type=peer
host=sip1.newtel.net
nat=yes
disallow=all
allow=g729

extentions.conf:

[newtel]
exten => _81.,1,DIAL(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@newtel)
exten => _81.,2,Congestion

In this case Newtel does not need authentication, It identifies by my
sending IP. The problem is  SIP/${EXTEN:1}@newtel does not reference
the host line in sip.conf entry for newtel. Looking at the firewall it
tries to connect to uslec-66-255-165-3.cust.uslec.net.sip.

If i replace the SIP/${EXTEN:1}@newtel with
SIP/${EXTEN:1}@sip1.newtel.net it does correctly attempt to contact
this host. however, I need to set options in sip.conf such as g729
codec, so this does not resolve my problem.

If someone can help me I will buy you a pony.

Thanks