[Asterisk-Users] Inbound calls (similar problem; ISDN - chan_capi)

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Thu Jan 6 14:08:28 MST 2005

Sorry for the post with the bad subject....

- AAB

asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:

>Change the order of the lines and reload (or better restart Asterisk):
>
>[interfaces]
>msn=0221591030
>incomingmsn=221591030
>softdtmf=1
>callgroup=1
>context=from-chan_capi
>devices=2
>controller=1
>
>Cheers, Philipp

Philipp,

THANKS!

I got past this stage by chance, as I did follow without knowing it your
advice: at some point I restarted Asterisk.

As you suggested it worked!

The next funny thing is that while Asterisk started getting inbound
calls, but it had trouble going to the context specified in the capi.conf
file. It was (and is) insisting about a default context, that I did not have.

In the end I did create such a default context and inbound calls got
passed there.

Curious behaviour... I will try to get past this quirk with the different
ordering of lines.

It's anyways a fine satisfaction seeing the own (first) digital pbx running!

Thanks again,
Aldo