[Asterisk-Users] kind of urgent

Patrick Conroy patrick.j.conroy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:25:45 MST 2005

> Hi all.
>
> Can anyone comment why shouldn't we use FC 3 for an * production system?
>
> I'm not looking to start a distro war, but we just found out that redhat
> 9 (and FC 1) don't support SATA drives, and apparently FC 3 does.
>
> We are only familiar with red hat and are in a point in time that
> switching distros is not available.
> The guy installing the system is already on location.
>
> Yes, I know we made a silly mistake. Please help us...
> Thanks.

Shoval,

I am using FC2 on a production asterisk server and it supports our
SATA controller.  I have FC2 running on a few servers and haven't had
any major problems with them.  I don't have any experience with FC3,
but quite a few people seem to have had negative experiences with the
Fedora Core implementations in general.  If you would like to stick to
the Red Hat line, you may want to consider one of the distros based on
Red Hat Enterprise Linux, such as Tao Linux (http://taolinux.org/).  I
haven't used it personally, but I am planning on putting it on a test
box to try it out.

Hope this helps,
Patrick