[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and multiple default routes (sort of) - does not work

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Jan 6 09:46:08 MST 2005

Hello everyone,

	I have two internet connections available and I thought that it would
be really nice to be able to use both of them somehome (loadbalancing,
failover).  I am familiar with lartc.org so I followed some of the
documentation here:

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

Patched my kernel from here:
http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes

and finally followed the how-to from here:
http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nano.txt

	When all is said and done, Linux does acually load-balance and do
failover with multiple links.  It is really very, very cool.  Wget,
lynx, and all of the other software on the machine work just fine.
Asterisk, however, goes completely crazy and basically does nothing.  It
complains that I do not have a default route.  Well, I do, just more
than one (sort of).  Please note that I did not simply just do "route
add -net default etc. etc." x2.  The docs above do it in a "proper" manner.

	If someone has a better solution than the ones outlined above, I would
be glad to here about it.  If someone knows how to get * to see my
default routes (again, sort of) I would love to hear about that as well!

Asterisk-1.0.3
kernel.org Linux-2.6.9 (with patches from above site)
Gentoo

Thanks for reading!

--
Kristian Kielhofner